Formerly NH Job Training Fund
- Available to businesses or co-applicants physically located in NH and businesses intending to physically locate in New Hampshire
- The business must pay quarterly taxes into the NH Unemployment Trust Fund
- The business must be in compliance with state laws and regulations
- Available for existing workers who are either residents of New Hampshire or who work at a business or co-applicant that is located or intends to locate within the state
- Minimum 1:1 cash match. Minimum grant allowed is $750.
- Any grant award of $70,000 or more has to be approved by the Governor and Executive Council.
- A fully executed contract must be in place prior to the beginning of the training.
*Note* WorkInvestNH funds do not cover travel, lodging or costs of meals for trainees.
Acceptable use of grant funds:
- Structured, on-site laboratory or classroom training
- Basic Skills
- Technical Skills
- Quality Improvement
- Management and Supervision
- English as a Second Language
- Other training programs that enhance the state’s workforce development
Visit their website for more details.
Kate LaPierre, Bureau Operations Specialist, Job & Resource Fair Coordinator, NH Employment Security
603-228-4083 | Fax - 603-223-2047
BUSINESS PROFIT TAX credit INFORMATION
NH Companies – Your company can benefit from working with our state’s nearly 30 Career and Technical Education (CTE) centers!
Click here to learn more about the Business Profit Tax credit
For questions or to learn more, contact Nicole Levesque at the NH Bureau of Career Development at (603) 271-3397.
New Hampshire Employment Program (NHEP)
Work Experience Program (WEP)
Does your business or agency need help with tasks such as computer or design work, internet research, general labor/cleaning, food/retail service, customer service calls, assembly, craft projects, mailings, organizing data, fundraising, auctions, surveys, or registration? The Work Experience Program (WEP) can provide your company or non-profit agency with NHEP participants you need for these tasks – all at no fee to you.
NHEP participants are currently receiving temporary cash assistance and have many skills from a variety of careers as well as having educational backgrounds which range from high school coursework to master's degrees – and they are looking to further develop new skills! Find out more about how NHEP participants can perform work in the WEP Program for your business or agency.
On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program
Does your business or agency need help recruiting and screening employee candidates for current job openings? The On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program can provide you with the following services:
- Direct Hire Assistance: You call us with your hiring needs. We recruit, prescreen, and refer job candidates to you based on job skills. You interview/hire the best candidate – all at no fee to you.
- OJT Reimbursement: We recruit, prescreen, and refer job candidates to you based on your needs. You interview/hire the best candidate. We help you develop a training plan. You train them "your way." We pay you up to 50% of the employee's wages for the training period.
- Tax Credit: If you hire the job candidates we send to you, you may also be eligible for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
Find out more about OJT Opportunities for your business or agency!