Developing Leaders in Construction Since 2007
The Future Leaders in Construction program has been developed recognizing that the future of your company and the construction industry is dependent on effective leadership.
Thank you Lewis Builders, our Leadership Sponsor for three years running!
Click here to learn about FLiC sponsorship opportunities for 2022-2023 or contact Jennifer Landon.
Who is this Program For?
From emerging leaders to established professionals, FLiC is designed for anyone who wants to make a positive impact on work and in life. Whether in the field or in the office, the shared experiences among participants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences is one of the features that makes this program unique and impactful.
- Carpenters and VP’s share ideas on conflict resolution.
- Estimators and foremen provide each other with guidance on their ROI projects.
- Technicians brainstorm listening skills with HR professionals.
- Payroll administrators and superintendents brainstorm ways to deal with complainers.
- Millennials and Baby Boomers enlighten one another.
We have a proven history: since 2007, close to 400 people have graduated! But don’t take our word it….take it from our graduates:
What do our graduates have to say?
"FLiC has significantly increased my ability to lead. Being able to dive deep into how different people react to different leadership styles something I will carry with me throughout my career."
The self-awareness I gained from FLiC was invaluable to me, and a benefit to my company.
“FLiC taught me the importance of relationship building and how it directly impacts the work environment as well as the job at hand.”
“When I first came to this program, I thought it was going to be about how to manage people. I quickly found out that it is more about learning who I am. What are my strengths, weaknesses, and areas that I need to work on? You need to work on yourself before you can effectively lead others.”
“In addition to the quality of the program content, the networking that happens is invaluable. Understanding the point of view from a subcontractor vs GC or CM has helped build better working relationships across the board.”
- Developing a deeper understanding of self to better understand others
- Identifying personal leadership style through a series of personal assessments including behavioral preferences (DISC), listening, conflict styles, complaining and team dynamics
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Appreciating team dynamics
- Handling difficult conversations; conflict resolution
- Utilizing and improving skills in feedback, motivating and coaching
- Staying positive during good times and bad, and helping others to do the same
- Developing a personal mission statement
- Developing/refining networking and presentation skills
- DISC behavioral preferences serves as a foundation throughout the program
- Power of Positive Leadership, Jon Gordon
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
- No Complaining Rule, Jon Gordon
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Patrick Lencioni
Knowledge Builders and Toolbox Tips
Participants (aka “Knowledge Builders”) accumulate, research and share a variety of “Toolbox Tips” including articles, TedTalks, and YouTube videos that they can bring back to the field or the office.
Capstone/Return-on-Investment (ROI) Project
Participants develop and pursue a ROI project that directly applies the skills they are working on real-time as the program proceeds.
Your FLiC Facilitators
Dr. Sophia Koustas, Owner/Consultant at SK Consulting and Professor at Southern New Hampshire University
Jennifer Landon, Vice President of Education and Workforce Development at Associated Builders & Contractors of New Hampshire and Vermont
Dates Subject to Change
- *October 18, 8:00-3:00, Orientation to FLiC | DISC | ROI
- *November 15, 8:00-3:00, Effective Communication | Listening
- December 13, 8:00-12:00, Managing Conflict
- January 17, 8:00-12:00, Giving & Receiving Effective Feedback
- *February 14, 8:00-12:30, Managing Up, Down and All Around
- March 21, 8:00-12:00, Motivation and Coaching
- April 11, 8:00-12:00, Situational Leadership
- *May 9, 8:00-3:00, Your Action Plan | ROI Presentations
*Lunch-and-Learns with FLiC graduates who will be sharing their leadership journeys
ABC Member, $995.00
Non ABC Member, $1,495.00
Driving directions and additional program details will be sent with confirmations as the date nears. In the meantime, do not hesitate to contact Jennifer at 603-496-2678.