Session I: Exit vs Succession Planning
Exit and Succession Planning Executive Briefing
- What is Exit Planning and What is Succession Planning?
- Why do this type of planning?
- What benefits are gained by planning?
- How is it done and who does it?
- What does it take in terms of time, resources and cost?
Exit Planning Process
Owner’s Goals and Objectives
- Timeline | Value | Successor | Process
Quantify Business and Personal Resources
- Is there a Gap? How can it be addressed?
Protecting and Growing Business Value
- Management incentives and retention strategies
- Compensation and Inventive plans
- Value Drivers and Detractors
- What happens if the owner does not see the exit?
Session Two: Insider Transfers and 3rd Party Sales
- Succession vs Exit Planning
- Insider Transfers
- Control vs Ownership
- Price vs Terms
- Stocks vs Asset
- Price vs Taxes
- Process, Timeline & Risks
- Gifting and Trusts
- 3rd Party Transfers
Session Three: Post Succession & Transitional Issues
- Integration with Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
- Loss of identity and letting go
- Letting go and being happy
- Transitional services and guidance
- Seller notes, earnouts and risks
- Use of Advisors and Advisory Boards
View the Calendar of Upcoming Classes & Events