Proper construction pre-planning can mean the difference between a job that comes in on time and under budget and one that negatively impacts your reputation as a contractor. It can also mean the difference between a safe job and one that suffers serious accidents. This course addresses many concepts that will assist in protecting workers, protecting the company and significantly assisting in compliance efforts. In this 4-hour course, the instructor will provide a guide to be used in effective construction project pre-planning.
Course Topics Include:
- Timing of the planning sessions/meetings
- Who should be involved in the planning process and when
- Multi-timed planning sessions
- Statistical analysis – Measures of success
Motivation programs—Encourage a positive safety culture
Major items to consider:
- Estimating – Safety has a cost
- Safety management needs, strategies, policies and programs
- Site layout
- Sub-contractor requirements
- Specific and formal hazard identification and controls
- Site evaluation
- Emergency response
Who Should Attend?
- Project managers
- Project engineers – design, structural, electrical, civil, etc.
- Forman and Leads
- All safety personnel: directors, managers, officers, specialists
View the Calendar of Upcoming Classes & Events