Are you in compliance?
Lockout/Tagout is one of OSHA's Top 10 "Most Serious Violations" and Top 10 "Most Often Cited Violations." Our facilitators are safety experts who will break down the regulation and answer your site-specific questions. Understand key elements of the Lockout/Tagout regulation (29CFR 1910.147, Subpart J) issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those team leaders, middle managers, human resource personnel, safety and health committee members, and other employees who have recently been appointed to safety and health responsibilities or who are seeking the knowledge about the lockout/tagout OSHA regulation.
What you'll learn:
- Establish the purpose for lockout/tagout. Start and implement a lockout/tagout program at your facility.
- Identify the key components of an energy control program.
- Identify the six main elements that should be contained in lockout/tagout procedures.
- Identify key elements of a periodic inspection of the energy control device to restore energy and equipment.
- Explain group lockout/tagout.
- Identify steps to follow to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired.
- Recognize the importance of "best practices" for the most effective lockout/tagout program implementation and operation.
- Utilize the resource guide that includes: the OSHA standard, checklist and contact lists
View the Calendar of Upcoming Classes & Events