Documentation, Discipline and Discharge
Employees are our greatest asset. Having clear goals and expectations is essential in managing employee job performance, but what happens when things don’t go as planned? This live seminar will review how to manage poor job performance and support your employees, while at the same time protecting your organization. You will leave with materials that will prove to be useful resources for the future as questions arise.
Topics covered will include:
- Examining federal and state laws impacting employee discipline issues
- Learning best practices in documentation through offer letters, handbooks, and employee counseling notices
- Developing a fair approach to determining if discipline is appropriate
- Obtaining discipline and discharge checklists
- Identifying distinctions between "at-will" and "for cause”
- Exploring benefits of separation agreements and releases.
Who Should Attend:
- HR Professionals and other individuals with positions responsible for managing staff and HR practices
View the Calendar of Upcoming Classes & Events