Business DevelopmentProject Referrals
ABC member companies are actively marketed by ABC at the Chapter and National levels. Companies and their services are listed in the Chapter and National Web site directories, which are referred to by owners throughout New Hampshire and Vermont as well as throughout the country. In addition, the Chapter's quarterly publication, the Construction RESOURCE and theAnnual Directory & Users Guide include member information and are mailed to owners throughout New Hampshire and Vermont. ABC is a recognized resource for owners and contractors seeking qualified firms to contact with for contractor, supplier and associate services.
How companies react when contacted by an unfamiliar owner or contractor is critical to maximizing resources. When asked to provide project services the first reaction should be to qualify the source of the request. ABC provides valuable access to nationwide reference material. And we can offer objective feedback. Together we can assist you in making informed business decisions that most efficiently use your labor and financial resources.
No other function or process is more important to the success of a sales oriented contractor than searching for prospects. Prospects are the raw material from which sales are made. ABC is a resource for members concerning their marketing and sales efforts. Our network of industry sources and information keeps us up to date regarding current trends and conditions. Whether prospecting, marketing, selling or qualifying firms, ABC is a valuable resource.
ABC holds monthly 'regional' meetings to provide the opportunity to network in your area with industry peers and invited guests, including owners. Featured speakers and topics often include reviews of market forecast and opportunities. Additional 'annual' events include our Excellence In Construction Awards Event, Safety Awards Night, Spring and Summer Golf Tournaments and a Holiday Networking Event. We come to you!
Publications and Owner Communications
ABC continuously communicates with owners concerning industry practices and relevant information to encourage that procedures to purchase and use construction services are ethical and promote a healthy future for the construction industry. Publications sent to owners include:
Chapter Advertising Opportunities
- Annual Directory/Users Guide (chapter)
- Quarterly Construction RESOURCE Magazine (chapter)
- Monthly Construction Executive Magazine (national)
Useful Prospecting and Selling Tips
- Annual Directory &Users Guide
- Quarterly Construction RESOURCE Magazine
- Companies with aggressive and well-planned prospecting programs do not operate on the assumption that prospects in the market know about their company, they get out and tell them before the competition gets the chance.
- To understand the skill and techniques of prospecting, you should begin with an understanding of the target of prospecting, the prospects themselves.
- To understand a potential prospect the seller must have empathy for the prospect, the ability to look at something from the perspective of the prospect.
- In selling, the seller is required to make many judgements. No other judgement or decision is more important than the seller's qualifying decision.
- It is your decision as to which prospect you choose to pursue, not the buyer's decision.
- The first step of selling is deliberately not selling until the characteristics of the project have been measured and the probability of success has been estimated.